We may from time to time ask you for Personal Information, and we may collect certain information from your device each time you visit our Site. We may also receive Personal Information from third parties with whom we have a business relationship, including our organizational customers, resellers, licensees, and franchisees. “Personal Information” means personally identifiable information and includes, for example, your name; street address; e-mail address; SMS or text message address; phone number; credit card and other payment information; information regarding your academic and extracurricular activities and interests that may identify you; and other information that may identify you as an individual or allow online contact with you.
You may review and correct the Personal Information that is accessible to you under the settings for your account on our Site or by calling 800-2REVIEW.
FOR PARENTS OF CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13:
For any user under the age of 13, we must have permission from such user’s parent or legal guardian before we collect or use any Personal Information of such user on the Site. You are welcome to call us at 800-2REVIEW to review any Personal Information we have collected about your child. You may request that we delete this information or specify that we collect no more of your child’s information. We will need to verify the identity of anyone requesting information about a child under the age of 13 to ensure that the person is in fact the child’s parent or legal guardian.
Information Collected on this Site
SITE USAGE INFORMATION
- Clear GIFs. We and our service providers may use “clear GIFs” (a/k/a “Web beacons” or “pixel tags”) or similar technologies, on the Site and/or in our communications (e.g., in our HTML-based e-mails) which enable us to know whether you have visited a Web page or received or opened a message. This allows us to know the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
- IP Address and Clickstream Data. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our Site. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us and the referring website address.
How Personal Information is Used
We may use your Personal Information to:
- provide you with and personalize our products and services, including storing transcripts of, and content provided during, on-demand tutoring sessions or online classroom sessions, creating an account for you, and enrolling you in free trials;
- process your orders, manage your account, provide you customer service, and ask for your feedback and send you surveys to help make our products and services better;
- maintain our internal records and otherwise manage our business;
- send you newsletters, notices and offers and otherwise correspond with you about products, services, companies and events that we think might interest you;
- perform research and analysis about your use of or interest in our products and services or the products or services offered by others;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Site and other sites, and provide our advertisements to you when you visit other sites;
- enforce our terms and conditions; and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
THOSE WHO PAY FOR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
We work with schools, colleges and universities, state and local government agencies, and other institutions to provide programs such as tutoring, test preparation and college admission counseling. Your school, college or university, or other institution may arrange for your participation in these programs and negotiate a special price or trial offer, or purchase (or subsidize) products or services on your behalf. We may share the Personal Information and other information that you provide to us through your participation in these programs, including test scores and the transcripts of on-demand tutoring and on-line class sessions and comments you leave in post-session surveys, with the institution arranging for your access to these programs, or with your parents or guardians. In addition, your school may require us to share such information with others legally entitled to access your academic records, such as your state department of education. If your parents or guardians pay for your account, we may share such information with them. If you use a promotion code at our Site to create an account or add products or services, we may let the source of that promotion code know that you used that code.
We may share your Personal Information with our service providers, including those who help deliver our products and services, help us process transactions, such as charging your credit card when you make purchases, help us market our products and services, and otherwise help us operate our business. These third parties are not authorized by us to use your Personal Information except in connection with providing services to us.
LICENSEES AND FRANCHISEES
If you are located outside the United Arab Emirates , we may share your Personal Information with our licensees and franchisees in your location who may market their products and services to you. If you uncheck “I’d like to receive promotional offers, informative content, product updates and more” under your account settings for The Princeton Review, then we will stop such sharing, but licensees and franchisees who previously received your Personal Information may continue to market their products and services to you.
AGGREGATED AND NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We may share non-Personal Information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with our affiliates and third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties, and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We may combine Site usage information we collect with other non-Personal Information we obtain from other sources. We may also share aggregated, non-Personal Information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis.
LEGALLY COMPELLED DISCLOSURES AND SAFETY
We may disclose user information when compelled to do so by government authorities or otherwise as required or permitted by law, such as to respond to court orders and subpoenas. We also may disclose user information to protect the safety of others and when we have reason to believe that someone is causing injury to or interfering with our rights or property or the rights or property of others.
If we or all or a portion of our business is acquired by one or more third parties as a result of an acquisition, merger, sale, reorganization, consolidation or liquidation, Personal Information may be one of the transferred assets.
Using Caution when Sharing Information with Others
When you contribute to a public area or feature of our Site, such as a chat room, bulletin board, list serve, blog, or wiki, the information that you submit will be made available to the general public. Therefore, we recommend that you do not submit any sensitive information to such areas of our Site, including your full name, home address, phone number, financial information or any other information that would enable other users to locate you or contact you.
Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their Personal Information and should avoid sending Personal Information through insecure email, SMS messaging or similar communications.
If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you may use our feedback form or contact us at the following address:
P2-Hamriyah Business Centre Hamriyah Free Zone-Sharjah United Arab Emirates